2011-05-23

Android is the new Windows Mobile

Firstly please excuse me for stating the obvious. I've reached the above conclusion after seeing Android ports of two Windows Mobile programs.

Windows Total Commander has a beta version for Android. Total Commander for Windows Mobile is a nice addition to the native File Explorer, one feature I use often is the Registry Editor. On the desktop I use Total Commander daily, and I feel like missing one hand when I have to operate on desktops without it.

The second application with an Android port (and also an iPhone port) is Birdie Sync, which allows synchronization between your mobile phone and Mozilla Thunderbird / Sunbird.

It's nice to see that these applications are brought to life on a different platform. What Windows Mobile applications ported to Android have you encountered?

No comments: